Saturday, January 7, 2012

Past Karma

Written Circa October 2011


You should know you're a liar.
From the tip of the tongue you kissed me with
to the end of the fingers that caressed me.
You lied.

Told me it would all be alright if I just took another shot,
poured another drink
stole just one more kiss,

But you had no intention on following through.
We both knew we could never be lovers, but you
You promised we would always be friends.

It's the only reason I kissed you.
The only reason I let you undress me with your hands,
instead of just your eyes.
The only reason I opened up to you.

You told me we were friends.
Not lovers. No never. But always friends.

Well fuck you.

Because it's been months since I've kissed you
and months since you've called.
My words are met with dial tone and dead air.

I don't want your body.
I don't want to wrap my fingers around yours.

We said never lovers. But you promised,
always friends.

And FUCK YOU.

You apologized for his mistake.
You said you would take the pain if you could.
Said you didn't understand how he could walk away after all his beautiful promises to me.

You said, with our bodies warm, tingling, and intertwined. No, never lovers but always friends.

Well you should know I think you're a liar.
You should know that I hate what you did to me.
You should know that you hurt me worse than him.

You should know, Every night,
I wish...

If only lovers, and never friends.


2 comments: